Maphlix Trust Ghana Limited is one of the players in the food production and processing industry of Ghana. We are engaged in production and sale of varied food crops in vegetable, grain, root and tubers categories. Apart from the production and export of some major food crops such as yam, orange flesh sweet potato (OFSP), and fresh vegetables and fruits, we equally add value to our root and tuber crops such as cassava, yam and potato. Our long-term goal is to develop and add value to the remaining food crops which are exported in their raw forms. Maphlix Trust Ghana Limited also offers Agronomic and Technical services to its smallholder farmers, and ensures the products/services offered the customer/farmer is highly beneficial to their needs.
Principles of Our Company
Our vision is to be an industry leader in the production and supply of high quality food and industrial products in Africa, working together with small-holder farmers to meet the needs of worldwide consumers and other relevant stakeholders in our value chains
Our mission is to adopt a market driven approach in the production and supply of high-quality food and industrial products to the market that in a partnership that is productive enough to eliminate subsistence farmers from poverty into emerging commercial farmers by:
- using modern technology and tools leading to high production efficiencies
- employing a well-resourced, motivated and experienced personnel
- undertaking adequate and high-quality industry research
- adopting a practical market visibility and positioning strategy and working closely with well-endowed quality control/assurance systems.
Our vision is to be an industry leader in the production and supply of high-quality food and industrial products in Africa, working together with small-holder farmers to meet the needs of worldwide consumers and other relevant stakeholders in our value chains.
Our values are summarized as a MAP (Maximization, Accessibility and Proactivity) that guides whatever we do:
- Maximization: Whatever our activities and business decisions are, we expect to maximize the returns in the value chains. By this, we seek the optimal interest of all stakeholders involved our business value chains to ensure consistently high satisfaction with outcomes.
- Accessibility: We provide the opportunity for individuals and organizations to access our relevant resources for their growth and development. By accessibility, we also make ourselves available for the opportunities to learn, research, grow and develop into our model business organization.
- Proactivity: We see ourselves as an organization that initiates change and manages same in a growing complex business environment on sustainable basis. We set ourselves to adopting innovative approaches to changes in the business environment.
Maphlix Trust Ghana Limited is committed to the United Nations Global Compact and Europe-Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Liaison Committee (COLEACP)’s sustainability charter in line to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We understand sustainability as an on-going process towards the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of all those we touch with our operations: customers, consumers, workforce, suppliers, local communities and other stakeholders. We acknowledge the role that our industry can play in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals and commit to do business in a way that helps promote these goals.
We particularly recognise the role we can play in up-skilling workers and managers in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors, leading to better economic, social and environmental outcomes for our industry and the communities we work in. We also recognise the importance of our industry for food security, and of rural development as a driver for wider economic and social development. We recognise that sustainability requires on-going commitment of us, as an organization, as well as working together with others. In line with our sustainability goals, the Maphlix Trust Ghana Foundation was formed to undertake social services for communities:
- Scholarship for needy students
- Safe drinking water for deprived communities
- Solar powered lantern and generators for deprived communities
- Provide access to health for the economically vulnerable in local communities
- Skills training for the vulnerable, physically challenged and street-dwelling individuals
- Economic empowerment of the neglected segments of society, especially for women and youth