Maphlix Trust Ghana Limited is committed to the United Nations Global Compact and Europe-Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Liaison Committee (COLEACP)’s sustainability charter in line to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We understand sustainability as an on-going process towards the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of all those we touch with our operations: customers, consumers, workforce, suppliers, local communities and other stakeholders. We acknowledge the role that our industry can play in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals and commit to do business in a way that helps promote these goals.
We particularly recognise the role we can play in up-skilling workers and managers in the agricultural and manufacturing sectors, leading to better economic, social and environmental outcomes for our industry and the communities we work in. We also recognise the importance of our industry for food security, and of rural development as a driver for wider economic and social development. We recognise that sustainability requires on-going commitment of us, as an organization, as well as working together with others. In line with our sustainability goals, the Maphlix Trust Ghana Foundation was formed to undertake social services for communities:
- Scholarship for needy students
- Safe drinking water for deprived communities
- Solar powered lantern and generators for deprived communities
- Provide access to health for the economically vulnerable in local communities
- Skills training for the vulnerable, physically challenged and street-dwelling individuals
- Economic empowerment of the neglected segments of society, especially for women and youth